North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 09 June 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Saturday morning then becoming variable 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures near zero.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 09 June 2023
Tonight and Saturday. Mainly ice covered.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 09 June 2023
Sunday Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots.
Monday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Tuesday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 9 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday 6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the northeastern section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 9 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4933N 5510W to 5302N 5431W
to 5510N 5440W to 5645N 5728W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the northeastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 9 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5055N 4705W to 5725N
5245W to 5855N 5420W to 5945N 5010W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6108W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 9 June 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located over the Northwest
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: