North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 27 November 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 late overnight. Wind northwest 25 Monday.
Flurries overnight and Monday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over northern sections late overnight and Monday.
Temperatures minus 7 to minus 3.
North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5316N 5546W to 5329N
5539W to 5344N 5621W to Labrador near 5430N 5725W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5453N 5813W to 5552N
6011W to 5751N 6131W to 6024N 6355W to 6036N 6346W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Consolidated grey ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 27 November 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5213N 5540W to 5215N 5330W to 5430N 5400W to 5815N 5630W to
6000N 5310W to 5825N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NST 27 November 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 27 November 2022 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NST today deepening low 991 mb located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday departing low 985 mb located over the East
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located over the South Labrador
By 9:30 p.m. NST Monday trough located east of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM NST 27 November 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: