North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 28 November 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 15 knots increasing to west 35 to 45 late overnight then diminishing to west 25 to 35 near noon Monday.
Snow changing to flurries this evening and ending Monday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 November 2021 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5345N 5642W to 5354N
5652W to Labrador near 5356N 5708W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5413N 5815W to Labrador
near 5415N 5818W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5548N 6029W to 5718N
6100W to 5933N 6319W to Labrador near 5951N 6402W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 27 November 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from Newfoundland near
5106N 5543W to 5130N 5430W to 5400N 4945W to 5600N 4945W to 5745N
5715W to 6050N 6015W to 6205N 5355W to 5910N 4710W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5651W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5639W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NST 28 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 28 November 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 984 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday low 981 mb located over the Northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NST 28 November 2021 A low pressure system over Northern Quebec will stall over the North
Labrador Coast later today and tonight before tracking slowly
northeastward across the Northwest Labrador Sea on Monday. Strong to
gale force southerlies ahead of the low shift to strong to gale force
westerlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: