North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 25 September 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 25 knots increasing to northwest 35 near noon then diminishing to northwest 25 Monday afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Rain ending Monday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 24 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4804N 5256W to 4815N 5215W to 5045N 4845W to 5345N 4845W to 5600N
5045W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5100N 5853W to 5030N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5012N 5735W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NDT 25 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 25 September 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today Post-tropical Storm Fiona 983 mb located
over southeastern Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday Post-tropical Storm Fiona 986 mb located
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NDT 25 September 2022 Post-tropical storm Fiona over Southeastern Labrador this morning
will track northward to lie over East Labrador Sea by late Monday as
a remnant low. Strong to gale force southeasterlies to
northeasterlies ahead of Fiona will shift to strong to gale force
southwesterlies to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern
half, and East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 AM NDT, post-tropical storm Fiona is located near
Latitude 53.1 north and longitude 57.5 west, or about 104 nautical
miles east of Goose Bay. Maximum sustained winds are estimated at 45
knots with a central pressure of 983 MB. Fiona is moving northward at
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: