North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 27 May 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to southeast 20 Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5150N 5608W to
Newfoundland near 5135N 5600W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5617W to
5000N 5330W to 5400N 5030W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 7 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:59 PM EDT 27 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4545N 4620W to 4710N 4510W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 27 May 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 980 mb located southeast of the East
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Saturday low 998 mb located southeast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM NDT 27 May 2022 A low pressure system southeast of the East Labrador Sea will
continue to track northwestward to lie southeast of Greenland tonight
where it will stall and start to weaken. Northwesterly gales can be
expected over eastern sections of the East Labrador Sea overnight and
Saturday morning between the low and a stationary ridge of high
pressure over the Central Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: