Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots tonight and Wednesday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 13 to minus 5 rising to minus 8 to minus 1 Wednesday morning.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday. Outside the ice edge seas 3 to 5 metres subsiding to 3 Wednesday evening.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 21 March 2023
Thursday Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late in the day.
Friday Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light.
Saturday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Ice pressure warning in effect. 5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western section. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice today and continuing Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4647N 5257W to 4645N 5226W
to 4848N 5019W to 4959N 5053W to 5035N 5338W to 5523N 5313W to 5633N
5731W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western
section. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice today and continuing
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4600N 5525W to 4515N 5000W to 4535N 4610W to 4700N
4500W to 4845N 4525W to 5835N 5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5900N 4815W to
5820N 4520W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5027N 5948W to Newfoundland near 4936N 5753W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Ice pressure warning in effect
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and southIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 21 March 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located off
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: