Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 04:00 PM NST 27 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 this evening. Wind southwest 25 Friday.
Risk of freezing spray late this afternoon tonight and Friday.
Temperatures minus 21 rising to minus 15 to minus 10 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4840N 5224W
to 4948N 5325W to 5022N 5508W to 5150N 5237W to 5448N 5204W to 5803N
5618W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 27 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5055N 4940W to 5220N 4750W to 5605N 5325W to
5930N 5625W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 27 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over Hudson Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday trough located north of Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 PM NST 27 January 2022 A trough of low pressure over the Hudson Strait will move east to lie
north of the marine district on Friday. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will spread across most waters south of this trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: