Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 14 May 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind north 20 knots veering to northeast 10 to 15 near noon then diminishing to light Saturday morning.
Showers or flurries ending Saturday morning. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 May 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5320N 5549W to 5334N 5521W to
5453N 5703W to 5546N 5657W to 5800N 6042W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
Bergy water except 9 plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of
old ice along the coast. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice easing
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 13 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4957N 5532W to 5035N 5025W to 5155N 4905W to 5525N 5040W to 5555N
4950W to 5630N 4515W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 May estimated from Quebec near
5038N 5927W to Newfoundland near 5004N 5738W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 May 2021
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 14 May 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 1002 mb located over northeastern Funk
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 1004 mb located east
of Funk Island Bank.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located north of Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NDT 14 May 2021 A low pressure system over Northeastern Funk Island Bank will slowly
drift eastward to lie east of Funk Island Bank today. Strong to gale
force east to northeasterlies over southern waters will gradually
diminish tonight as the low weakens and a ridge builds in from the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea - southern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: