Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 17 September 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to variable 15 near noon Saturday then increasing to northwest 30 Saturday evening.
Showers and fog patches Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 8 July 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 September 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5237N 5546W to 5300N 5430W to 5445N 5145W to 5800N 5700W to
6240N 6015W to 6310N 5640W to 5925N 5230W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 17 September 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located near Cape Chidley.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 PM NDT 17 September 2021 A trough of low pressure located near Cape Chidley will continue
southeastward tonight to lie over the South Labrador Sea by Saturday
afternoon. Gale force southwesterly winds will develop over the North
Labrador Coast tonight before diminishing overnight in the wake of
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: