Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 02 April 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to north 30 late overnight then to northwest 25 Friday afternoon.
Flurries ending this evening.
Risk of freezing spray late overnight and Friday.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 9 to minus 4 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5240W to 4710N 5040W
to 4835N 4855W to 5500N 5300W to 5625N 5700W to 5800N 5740W then
northward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
8 tenths first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice including a
trace of old ice in the eastern section. Strong ice pressure along
the coast today and continuing Thursday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 4:08 PM EDT 1 April 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5556W to 4500N 5315W to 4440N 4715W to 4600N 4450W to 4900N
4405W to 5225N 4630W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5013N 6113W to Newfoundland near 4834N 5909W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 01 April 2020
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 2 April 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
North Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today deepening trough located near Greenland.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Friday trough located south of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NDT 2 April 2020 A deepening trough of low pressure near Greenland will slowly drift
southward today and tonight. Strong to gale force northerlies are
forecast for most waters today.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: