Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 01 February 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 25 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight then backing to west 10 to 15 near noon Thursday. Wind becoming light Thursday evening.
Risk of freezing spray today tonight and Thursday morning.
Temperatures near minus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 1 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N
5332W to 5015N 5520W to 5137N 5242W to 5448N 5212W to 5622N 5544W to
5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 6132N 5754W to 6200N 5721W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey ice including 4 tenths grey-white ice.
Consolidated first-year ice along the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:46 PM EST 31 January 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4925N 4925W to 5050N 4745W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 1 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today intensifying low 992 mb located over the
East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday departing low 977 mb located east of
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight intensifying trough located over Labrador
By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday trough located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 AM NST 1 February 2023 A low pressure system over East Labrador Sea will continue to deepen
today as it moves eastward. Generally strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected over the Labrador Sea with this system
before diminishing Thursday morning as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: