Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 20 May 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then increasing to south 15 this evening. Wind increasing to south 25 Saturday morning and to south 35 near noon Saturday. Wind diminishing to west 25 Saturday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5124N 5747W to
Newfoundland near 5045N 5713W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5050N 5559W to
5057N 5330W to 5506N 5338W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:49 PM EDT 19 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4541N 5338W to 4541N 4842W to 4801N 4748W to 5100N
4800W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NDT 20 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 20 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Saturday departing ridge located east of Labrador
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Saturday approaching trough located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:36 AM NDT 20 May 2022 On Saturday, a trough of low pressure will sweep across Labrador and
the Labrador Sea. Strong to gale force south to southeasterlies will
spread across most waters on Saturday ahead of the trough. Winds will
shift to strong to gale force west to southwesterlies later in the
day in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: