Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 07 June 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots except northeast 10 to 15 over northern sections late this evening and after midnight. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 Thursday morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 07 June 2023
Tonight and Thursday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 07 June 2023
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 late in the day.
Saturday Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots.
Sunday Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 7 June 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday 3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice along parts of the coast. Consolidated rotten first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 7 June 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4933N 5510W to 5244N 5400W
to 5510N 5440W to 5635N 5737W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice along parts of the
coast. Consolidated rotten first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:47 PM EDT 7 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5055N 4705W to 5725N
5245W to 5915N 4830W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 7 June 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: