Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NST 28 November 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots except variable 10 to 15 over northern sections. Wind increasing to south 25 this morning and to southwest 35 near midnight. Wind diminishing to west 25 Monday evening.
Showers ending early this morning. Flurries this afternoon and this evening.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 3 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 November 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5345N 5642W to 5354N
5652W to Labrador near 5356N 5708W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5413N 5815W to Labrador
near 5415N 5818W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5550N 6039W to 5737N
6109W to 5856N 6233W to Labrador near 5916N 6323W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 27 November 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from Newfoundland near
5106N 5543W to 5130N 5430W to 5400N 4945W to 5600N 4945W to 5745N
5715W to 6050N 6015W to 6205N 5355W to 5910N 4710W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5651W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5639W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 28 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 28 November 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight dissipating trough located west of the
At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 982 mb located north of Anticosti Island.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday low 978 mb located over the North Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM NST 28 November 2021 A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will weaken
and move west of the region this evening. Gale force northeasterlies
west of the trough will diminish early this evening.
A low pressure system approaching from the south will cross Labrador
today to lie over the Labrador Sea on Monday. Strong to gale force
southerlies ahead of the low shift to strong to gale force westerlies
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: