Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 29 May 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots except northwest 25 over southern sections late this afternoon and tonight. Wind becoming southeast 15 Tuesday evening.
Fog patches forming Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 4 to zero rising to plus 1 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4905N 5337W to 4856N 5151W
to 5146N 5158W to 5205N 5442W to 5527N 5310W to 5532N 5610W to 5803N
5815W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice along the coast.
Consolidated rotten first-year ice along parts of the coast. Strong
ice pressure in the pack ice along the coast easing this evening.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4502N 5323W to 4630N 4746W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5805N 5150W to 5935N 4840W to 5830N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Ice pressure warning in effect
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2023
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 29 May 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today weakening low 997 mb located over eastern
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 1006 mb located east of the South
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM NDT 29 May 2023 A weakening low pressure system over Eastern Belle Isle Bank will
slowly move northward tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterlies
will diminish over southern waters tonight as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
South Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: