East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 05 October 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 knots diminishing to northwest 25 near midnight and to northwest 15 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to light Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 4 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4956N 5533W to 4945N 4715W to 5200N 4745W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6035N 5145W to 5840N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NDT 05 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 5 October 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located north of the Marine District.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight weakening trough located near Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday ridge located over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM NDT 5 October 2022 A trough of low pressure north of the marine district will move
eastward today and weaken. Strong to gale force westerly winds will
persist over most waters today and tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: