East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 02 December 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots becoming variable 15 this afternoon then increasing to southeast 35 Sunday morning.
Flurries ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 1 December 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5213N 5538W to 5348N 5518W to
5559N 5947W to 6031N 6404W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 1 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5133N 5531W to 5245N 4900W to 5400N 4830W to 5830N 5630W to 6025N
5305W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5141N 5631W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5603W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 02 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 2 December 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NST 2 December 2023 A trough located over Belle Isle Bank will move to become nearly
stationary over the Labrador Sea by Sunday morning. Strong to gale
force southeasterlies will develop on the eastern side of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings is in
effect for South Labrador Coast and North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: