East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NST 01 December 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind south 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 this evening and to light Saturday afternoon.
Issued 06:00 AM NST 01 December 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday. Seas 4 to 6 metres subsiding to 3 to 4 early this evening and to 2 to 3 near midnight. Seas subsiding to 1 to 2 Saturday morning then building to 2 to 3 Saturday evening.
Issued 04:00 AM NST 01 December 2023
Sunday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to east 25 to 35 late in the day.
Monday Wind east 25 to 35 knots.
Tuesday Wind east 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northeast 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EST 30 November 2023 Today Tonight and Friday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 30 November 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5213N 5538W to 5348N 5518W to
5559N 5947W to 6031N 6404W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 30 November 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5133N 5531W to 5245N 4900W to 5430N 4900W to 5830N 5630W to 6025N
5305W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5141N 5631W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5603W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 1 December 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Belle Isle Bank.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NST 1 December 2023 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast and North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: