East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 29 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 25 this morning. Wind northwest 25 tonight and Thursday.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over northern sections today and Thursday.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5045N 5240W to 5500N 5200W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5320N 5245W to 5500N 5305W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 29 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 29 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located over the northern
Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday dissipating trough located over Belle
At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located over QUEBEC.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM NST 29 January 2020 An intensifying trough of low pressure over the Mid Labrador Coast
will move southwards today. Strong to gale force northerly winds are
expected in the wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast, and South Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: