East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NST 03 December 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 55 knots diminishing to southeast 35 to 45 late overnight and to south 25 Friday morning.
Snow or rain ending Friday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
East Labrador Sea - northern half
East Labrador Sea - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 December 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5210N 5535W to 5335N 5430W to
5545N 5920W to 6045N 6245W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EST 3 December 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5551W to 5045N 5315W to 5500N 5200W to 5900N 5700W to 6000N
5300W to 5800N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5610W to Newfoundland near 5136N 5556W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NST 03 December 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 3 December 2020 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 989 mb located near Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday low 989 mb located over southern Baffin
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Friday departing trough located over the
northeastern East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM NST 3 December 2020 A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will move
northeastwards to lie north of the Labrador Sea by Friday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies ahead of this trough will
diminish to strong southwesterlies in its wake tonight.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea. Gale warnings are in effect for North Labrador
Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: