East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 26 May 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Friday morning and to northwest 25 Friday evening.
Flurries ending Friday morning.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5146N 5617W to
Newfoundland near 5133N 5605W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5045N 5603W to
5000N 5300W to 5445N 5100W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:49 PM EDT 26 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4600N 4630W to 4730N 4525W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W to 5620N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 27 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today deepening low 990 mb located northeast of
the Flemish Cap.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 987 mb located southeast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:41 AM NDT 27 May 2022 A low pressure system well northeast of the Flemish Cap will track
northwestward to lie southeast of Greenland Friday night where it
will stall and start to weaken. Northwesterly gales can be expected
over eastern sections of the East Labrador Sea overnight and Saturday
morning between the low and a stationary ridge of high pressure over
the Central Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: