East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 04 October 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 knots Thursday morning and to southeast 35 Thursday afternoon.
Showers ending this evening. Rain Thursday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 July 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 4 October 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4932N 5511W to 5130N 5000W to 5315N 5000W to 5915N 5700W to 6000N
5210W to 5735N 4530W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 04 October 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 4 October 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating trough located over the East
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Thursday departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday approaching trough located near Ungava
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM NDT 4 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach the marine district on
Thursday. Gale force southeasterly winds will develop over northern
waters on Thursday morning ahead of this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: