East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 24 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening then becoming south 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to south 25 Wednesday morning then veering to west 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers or flurries Wednesday late in the day.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5146N 5617W to
Newfoundland near 5133N 5605W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5043N 5606W to
5030N 5330W to 5431N 5200W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4645N 4615W to 4850N 4615W to 5100N 4720W to 5715N
5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 24 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over central Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line north-south
over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching trough located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 AM NDT 24 May 2022 A trough of low pressure approaching from the west will sweep across
the Labrador Sea on Wednesday. Strong to gale force westerlies will
develop over northwestern waters Wednesday afternoon in the wake of
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: