East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 23 September 2021
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots increasing to northwest 35 near noon Friday.
Showers or flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 8 July 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 September 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5216N 5544W to 5230N 5430W to 5400N 5300W to 5500N 5230W to
5800N 5700W to 6035N 5840W to 6045N 5420W to 5935N 5240W then
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 23 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 23 September 2021 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located near
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
the southern East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing trough located southeast of the
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:31 PM NDT 23 September 2021 A trough of low pressure near cape Farewell will remain nearly
stationary through the period. Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure
over Western Labrador will move to lie over the Labrador coast Friday
afternoon. Strong northwesterlies will strengthen to gale force over
eastern waters on Friday between these two features.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: