Issued 05:00 PM EDT 18 August 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 15 knots diminishing to light after midnight except west 15 near inlets Friday afternoon.
Mist forming after midnight and dissipating near noon Friday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in mist.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6256N 6437W to
6330N 6200W to 6430N 6200W to 6545N 5800W to 6601N 5741W then
northward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7308N 6546W to 7115N 6615W to 7200N
6945W to Baffin Island near 7140N 7233W. Sea ice south of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7350N 8649W to
Devon Island near 7432N 8933W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7517N 7933W to
7600N 7445W to 7559N 7411W then eastward. Sea ice north of the ice
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Unusual
presence of sea ice.
Warnings (In effect)
CumberlandIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 August 2022
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 18 August 2022 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday low 1006 mb located near Puvirnituq.
By 0000 UTC Saturday deepening low 1002 mb located at 61N 52W.
At 0000 UTC Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Baker Lake.
By 0000 UTC Saturday ridge located from Lake Winnipeg to Cumberland
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: