Clarence - northern half
Issued 05:30 AM EDT 03 October 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 20 knots veering to northeast 15 early this evening then diminishing to light after midnight. Wind light Wednesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 8 rising to minus 2 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7323N 11433W to
7405N 11303W to Victoria Island near 7321N 10802W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island island near
7350N 10038W to 7440N 10012W to Cornwallis Island near 7452N 9600W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7534N 9534W to
Devon Island near 7614N 9517W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7430N 8832W to
7418N 8805W to 7412N 8004W to 7532N 7544W to 7619N 7435W then
eastwards. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Clarence - northern halfIssued 05:30 AM EDT 03 October 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday trough located from 69N 120W to 82N 123W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough located from 67N 112W to 81N 120W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday dissipating low 1010 mb located at 69N 81W.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: