Central Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EST 06 February 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to west 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 30 after midnight then diminishing to west 20 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of snow ending early this morning. Periods of snow this afternoon and tonight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge severe freezing spray becoming moderate this morning then becoming severe this evening. Moderate freezing spray beginning Tuesday evening.
Temperatures near minus 25.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5746W to 6000N 5847W to 6120N 5739W
then northeastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
6 tenths first-year ice except 9 tenths first-year ice including a
trace of old ice in the western section.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Brevoort - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM EST 06 February 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 18 December 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday cold front located from Foxe Basin to James Bay.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday cold front located over Hudson Strait.
At 1200 UTC Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located over Greenland.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: