West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 01 October 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming northwest 5 to 15 knots this evening then becoming light early Friday morning. Wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 Friday evening.
Periods of drizzle this morning. Periods of drizzle overnight and Friday. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 1 October 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday frontal system located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:05 AM PDT 1 October 2020 A developing frontal system will approach northern offshore waters
today. Southeasterly winds will increase over northern waters
Through the afternoon in advance of this system. Strong to gale
Force southeasterlies are expected for Bowie beginning late this
afternoon and should persist until near midnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: