West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PST 28 November 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 5 to 15 knots late overnight and to southeast 15 to 20 early Wednesday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 November 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday cold front located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 28 November 2023 An approaching cold front will move into Bowie Wednesday morning and
lie north-south over Haida Gwaii late Wednesday evening. Winds will
rise to gale force southerlies ahead of the front and shift to strong
to gale force westerlies behind it.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: