West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming northwest 10 to 20 late this afternoon except light near the coast overnight and Friday.
Fog patches dissipating near noon. Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 29 September 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located from the
North Coast to Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PDT 29 September 2022 A frontal system passing to the north will clip Northern Bowie on
Friday evening giving marginal gale force southerly winds.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: