West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 September 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwesterly 5 to 15 knots except northeast 5 to 15 near the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait this morning. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 late this afternoon then becoming northwest 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Saturday morning then increasing to south 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Saturday evening.
Showers Saturday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 September 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday quasi-stationary frontal system located
from Hecate Strait to Queen Charlotte Sound then to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM PDT 24 September 2021 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii will move slowly eastward and
weaken today. Southerly gales ahead of the front will ease to
moderate to strong this morning. Strong to gale force southwesterlies
behind the front will ease to moderate westerly today.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: