West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 July 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 20 knots veering to northwest 10 to 20 late this evening then increasing to northwest 20 to 25 early Tuesday evening.
Fog patches dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 July 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Tuesday building ridge located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1014 mb located over western Queen
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 1012 mb located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:08 PM PDT 22 July 2019 A ridge of high pressure offshore will remain over Explorer tonight
and strengthen on Tuesday. Gale force westerlies over eastern
sections of Juan de Fuca Strait ease to strong late this evening.
The inflow winds will again rise to gale force late Tuesday
An area of low pressure over Western Queen Charlotte Sound will
continue to move northwards and reach Haida Gwaii by early Tuesday
morning. Ahead of the low, strong to locally gale force southerlies
will develop over the central and northern waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: