West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 10 to 20 after midnight then diminishing to light early Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday except light near the coast south of Barkley Sound. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Langara.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PDT 23 May 2022 A low pressure system will approach Explorer on Tuesday. Ahead of the
system, marginal gale force southeasterly winds are expected for
Explorer on Tuesday afternoon, and West Vancouver Island - north
/ Queen Charlotte Sound Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: