West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 07 May 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 near midnight then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind diminishing to variable 5 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Rain overnight and Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 7 May 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying trough located west of
By 2:00 p.m. PDT Saturday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located over the offshore
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM PDT 7 May 2021 A trough in a north to south line will move over Haida Gwaii early
Saturday morning and onto the North Coast by late afternoon. Strong
to locally gale force southeast winds will develop over the northern
and central waters ahead of the trough.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: