West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 21 September 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light late this evening then becoming southeast 5 to 15 Friday morning except light near the coast south of Tofino.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 21 September 2023 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening cold front located from Explorer
to the North Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday trough located from Hecate Strait to
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Friday trough located from the Central Coast
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to the Central
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located over Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 PM PDT 21 September 2023 A cold front over Bowie will reach Haida Gwaii by Friday morning then
weaken as it progresses into central waters through Friday. Ahead of
the front, southerly gales have developed across Bowie and northern
waters. The winds will ease below gales Friday as the front rapidly
weakens. In its wake, winds will ease to moderate to strong
westerlies tonight through Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: