West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 14 August 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 20 knots late overnight except light near the coast south of Tofino. Wind diminishing to light early Monday evening.
Periods of drizzle and fog banks overnight and Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 14 August 2022 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Explorer.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Monday dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:00 a.m. PDT Monday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 14 August 2022 Gale force southeast winds over Northwestern Vancouver island will
ease to strong by this evening as the trough over Queen Charlotte
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late Monday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the system
over Bowie Monday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: