West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 18 August 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots tonight and Monday.
Drizzle tonight and Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 August 2019 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over the offshore waters.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
At noon PDT Monday trough located over southern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Monday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 18 August 2019 On Monday, a trough of low pressure will move to lie over Southern
Bowie and then swing northward toward Prince Rupert in the evening.
Strong southerlies will develop south of the trough and rise to gale
force late in the day. Strong to gale force easterlies will develop
north of the trough.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: