West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 May 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except southeast 30 northwest of Estevan Point. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 after midnight then becoming southerly 20 to 30 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to southerly 10 to 20 early Friday evening.
Rain changing to showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 May 2022 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low located over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday weakening low located over Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PDT 26 May 2022 A low pressure centre over Central Explorer will move northward over
Western Queen Charlotte Sound Friday morning and lie near cape St
James Friday afternoon. The low will gradually weaken during this
Southeast gales along West Coast Vancouver Island North and southwest
gales over Southern Explorer will continue tonight into Friday
morning. The southeast gales will spread over parts of the central
waters including Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound and along the Central
Coast early Friday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: