West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 20 July 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots becoming northwest 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming northwest 15 to 25 Saturday morning except variable 5 to 15 near the coast south of Tofino.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 20 July 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary trough located over eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PDT 19 July 2018 A centre of high pressure will remain nearly stationary west of the
offshore waters. Moderate to strong northwesterlies will continue to
prevail east of the centre of high pressure with local gales expected
off the west coast of Vancouver Island.
A strong push of marine air through Juan de Fuca Strait is generating
strong to gale force westerly winds tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: