West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 PM PST 28 November 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots becoming northwest 10 to 20 early this evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 early Tuesday morning and to southeast 25 to 35 late Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 35 to 45 early Tuesday afternoon and to southeast 45 to 55 late Tuesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeast 35 to 45 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 November 2022
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 November 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday intensifying low 1007 mb located over
By 9:30 p.m. PST Tuesday low 984 mb located off Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:06 PM PST 28 November 2022 A building ridge of high pressure over the Northern BC Interior will
generate gale to storm force outflow winds through the mainland
inlets on Tuesday.
A low pressure system will intensify west of Haida Gwaii tonight and
track southeastwards towards Vancouver Island on Tuesday. Gale to
storm force easterlies will develop over parts of the offshore,
northern and central waters as well as West Vancouver Island on
Over northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing spray will exist
beginning Tuesday evening as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: