West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 02 October 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots except northwest 20 south of the Brooks Peninsula tonight. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 late overnight then increasing to south 15 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind veering to west 20 Tuesday afternoon except southeast 15 near Vancouver Island. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Periods of drizzle overnight and Tuesday morning. Periods of rain Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 2 October 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over Vancouver Island.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Hecate Strait to
At 2:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 2 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach Haida Gwaii early Tuesday
bringing gale force southerly winds to Hecate Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: