West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots except northwest 15 to 25 south of the Brooks Peninsula. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 20 late overnight then diminishing to light early Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 late Tuesday morning and to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 30 to 40 Tuesday evening.
Rain Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located from Explorer to Haida
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PDT 23 May 2022 A low pressure system will approach Explorer on Tuesday. Ahead of
The system, marginal gale force southeasterly winds are expected for
Explorer, West Vancouver Island - north, and Queen Charlotte Sound
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: