West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PST 10 December 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots veering to north 20 to 30 this afternoon then diminishing to north 10 to 20 Monday morning. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 near noon Monday then increasing to south 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Scattered showers ending near noon. Periods of drizzle Monday evening. Fog patches dissipating early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 10 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over the Washington Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over Langara extending
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located over the Gulf
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PST 10 December 2023 A front will approach Bowie this evening then stall through Monday.
Southwesterly gales will prevail over Northern Bowie from this
evening through Monday.
A low pressure system will approach the northern waters late Monday.
Gale to storm force southerlies will develop over most northern
waters Monday afternoon and evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: