West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 01 October 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots except southeast 25 to 35 near the headlands. Wind becoming west 5 to 15 late this evening except northwest 20 south of the Brooks Peninsula Monday late in the day.
Periods of rain. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PDT 01 October 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 2 October 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over Hecate Strait to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday approaching trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:39 AM PDT 2 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach Haida Gwaii on Tuesday
bringing strong to gale force southerly winds to the northern waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: