West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 28 September 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 this afternoon and to light late overnight except southeast 15 near the headlands overnight and Thursday morning and northwest 20 south of the Brooks Peninsula Thursday late in the day.
Periods of rain ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 28 September 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located southwest of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight low located southeast of Explorer.
At 1:00 a.m. PDT Thursday trough located over western Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Thursday trough located near Langara.
At 2:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over Explorer extending
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located from the Central Coast
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: