West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 PM PST 23 February 2024
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots becoming westerly 20 early Saturday morning then increasing to westerly 20 to 30 Saturday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers this evening then to rain Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 23 February 2024 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located south of Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday weakening trough located on a line
north-south over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Sunday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PST 23 February 2024 On Saturday morning, a weak trough will quickly swing through the
northern waters then move inland by midday. Behind the trough,
westerly gales will develop on Saturday afternoon.
Another trough will develop in Southern Bowie on Saturday night. This
trough will move to southern waters by Sunday. Northwesterly
Gales will spread to northern and central waters from Saturday night
to Sunday morning and continue to spread to southern waters on
Sunday. A brief period of storm force northwesterly winds are very
likely over Dixon Entrance and Bowie on Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: