West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 PM PST 01 March 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 15 this evening except northwest 15 south of the Brooks Peninsula. Wind becoming southwest 15 to 25 late overnight then increasing to southerly 25 to 35 late Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 4:00 PM PST 01 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 1 March 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PST 1 March 2021 An approaching cold front will track across Haida Gwaii tonight then
slide south along the mainland coast to lie over North Vancouver
Island Tuesday afternoon. Ahead of the front, southerly gales have
developed over Bowie this afternoon and will spread to northern and
central waters tonight. In its wake, winds will shift to strong to
gale force westerlies.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: