West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 October 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 after midnight except east 50 to 60 offshore Sunday morning and afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 45 to 55 Sunday afternoon.
Showers this evening. Rain Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 October 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located southwest of
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located west of Vancouver
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday low 950 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday low 957 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PDT 23 October 2021 A strong front associated with an exceptionally deep low pressure
system will produce gale to storm force easterly winds over the
southern offshore waters tonight. Winds will rise to storm to
hurricane force southeasterly on Sunday. Through the inner South
Coast winds will rise to gale force southeasterly Sunday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: