West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PST 02 December 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 25 after midnight then becoming northeast 10 to 20 near noon Saturday.
Periods of rain this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PST 02 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 2 December 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located south of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PST 2 December 2022 A Pacific low south of Explorer will continue to move southward and
away from the region tonight. Over southern offshore waters, gale
force easterly winds will gradually ease during the day Saturday.
An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the BC Interior
creating gale force northeasterly outflow winds through the mainland
inlets except up to storm force over the Central Coast tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: