West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 02 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots except light south of the Brooks Peninsula. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 early this morning except southeast 35 near the headlands today. Wind becoming south 15 near midnight then veering to southwest 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Rain beginning this morning changing to scattered showers near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 04:00 AM PDT 02 June 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 2 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located near the Mainland
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 1006 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday dissipating low 1019 mb located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PDT 2 June 2023 A slow moving frontal system is moving across Hecate Strait and
Will stall over the mainland coast today. Ahead of the front,
intermittent gale force southeasterlies over Hecate Strait and Dixon
Entrance East will continue until near noon.
As the tail of front pushes onto the coast this afternoon, a brief
period of southerly gales will develop near the headlands of
Vancouver Island and Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: