West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 15 June 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 early this evening then becoming southwesterly 5 to 15 late this evening. Wind backing to southeasterly 10 to 20 near noon Wednesday except light south of the Brooks Peninsula Wednesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 15 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 5:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over southeastern Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PDT 15 June 2021 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Wednesday morning.
Ahead of the front marginal gale force southeasterly winds will
develop over Bowie Wednesday morning then ease Wednesday evening as
the frontal system approaches Haida Gwaii.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: