West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 September 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to variable 5 to 15 late this evening then becoming northeast 5 to 15 early Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon and to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 September 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Central Coast.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today warm front located on a line east-west
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing warm front located over northern
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday weakening cold front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 28 September 2020 A warm front will cross Bowie tonight and Tuesday. Ahead of the
system, gale force easterly winds have developed over Bowie.
The associated cold front will follow the warm front and approach
Bowie late Tuesday afternoon. Southeasterly gales will develop over
the northern offshore waters late Tuesday afternoon then spread to
central and northern coastal waters Tuesday night.
Strong to gale force outflow winds will develop through Douglas
Channel late Tuesday night with the approaching cold front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: